For all the LoL players...

Postby Enigmia » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am

Opinions and thoughts on the alpha of;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bdtE6kh5Uc
?
Enigmia

Re: For all the LoL players...

Postby Fetch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Total Biscuit is a good reviewer, altho this one isn't as funny as some of his others.

About my first thought concerning LoL was that it would work much better, in terms of balance, easy of entry, and strategic depth, if it (or some theoretical MOBA) used a "skill based" rather than "class based" system for characters/items. It sounds like this is going in that direction so that's probably an improvement altho if they make the customizable elements too simple you'll lose the strategic depth element.

The no wards thing is also nice. Lack of wards is one of my favorite things about the alternate maps in LoL since it makes the game more dynamic, makes map awareness more important, and highlights vision items/abilities that are almost universally outshone by wards on the main map.

Keeping the meta-level up system annoys me. I mean, I know why they do it, but it really just makes a grind before you can start playing "for real." If it's more like Runes/Champion purchases where you can go in any order that would at least be better since you can get your perfect X build quickly and then expand from there rather than Masteries where you can have pages that suck at everything equally for the longest time.

IF there is a mac version or it's easy to WINE I might try it.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Grreg » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 am

eh, it seems more cutesy, graphic intensive.
I dont care much about how the game looks, more how it plays.
I like the support role, jungle role, and wards
will i try the new game? sure.
Grreg

Postby Fetch » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Well, from what I understand Riot is trying to "get rid of support" in much the same sense, if not the same way. I mean it sounds like the main difference is that half the gold from last hitting is shared so you can't have a "no gold" support. Riot has promised Season 4 will feature changes to get rid of the "no gold" support as well.

But that doesn't mean you don't have a support role. It might be different tho. Imagine, if you will. In a 1 v 1 lane you can't farm every last creep unless you are really dominating. In a 2v2 lane it's often possible to collect more farm as one champion farms and another guards them. If half the gold of csing is sent to the other champion in lance you could have a champion who supports their partner by building only to cs as efficiently as possible while the carry gets whatever they need to kill enemy champions and guards their support/tries to kill the enemy support.

It also sounds like even if the jungle doesn't lend itself to a traditional LoL style jungler the gold sharing may well enable roaming gameplay, champions that move from lane to lane ganking while they get gold from their teammates csing.

edit: I do agree the art style is repulsive. Whether or not it's repulsive enough to be a breaking point remains to be seen.
Fetch
Ring Member

Return to Off Topic Forum