Greetings from Afghanistan!

For everything *not* game related.

Greetings from Afghanistan!

Postby Jet Moore » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Hello all! Bored in Afghanistan, thought I'd drop by and see how things are going.
I see Cirque des Perdue is dead.... for a year or more, it looks like? Jesus, time flies. I don't suppose anybody could tell me what happened with Jet and the Mansion?

Anyways, I miss you all, and I miss gaming with y'all. I should have a month of leave when I get back from deployment in April or May; I'll probably swing up North and visit everyone. I'm doing reasonably well, despite having my Naval career go in a decidedly different direction than I initially wanted (working with Marines as a Corpsman instead of being a nuclear engineer on a ship...). We were doing patrols in one of the southwest provinces of Afghanistan, but now we're doing helicopter-borne raids out of a larger base. Not sure if I'm allowed to say more than that. :P

How has everyone fared since last I posted here?
Jet Moore

Re: Greetings from Afghanistan!

Postby Delphinan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:44 am

Well, I went in for emergency surgery last October. Lucas sneakily ended Cirque that same night while I was not there. Sneaky. Ah well, Zzz and Theo were busy seeing how best to turn Doc Brown into the Master of the Wild Hunt at the end. Not sure what happened with the Mansion.,

Currently another couple LARPs going on, I'm in the Garden of Eden one, and not sure if anyone is surprised that I can smile. :) Helpful! Friendly!

Jon's werewolf-without-werewolves forum game migrated into a new davisgames.com forum, they like the ability to switch accounts.

Lots of people on League of Legends as well as Minecraft these days.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Jet Moore » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 am

I'm sorry to hear about the emergency surgery; I certainly hope your health is better now.
And that is sneaky... sneaky hobbitses. I'd like to think the Cirque still had potential. Ah, well.
Looking through the archives, it seems the Mansion finally connected with the Hollow, and Gregg was too late to fill in the tunnel... but no mention of what happened due to that.

Perhaps when I visit in late Spring I can see about playing an NPC or villain for a night in Garden of Eden. :twisted: I think I could wreak plenty of havoc in one session to make things interesting.

Werewolf-without-werewolves? Sounds... interesting. I've got plenty of free time here when we're not doing ops, and a good Internet connection. I don't suppose you could direct me to the forums so I could check it out?
Jet Moore

Postby Delphinan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:42 am

Sure. Maple Pass

Who knows, you may find the setting familiar... :lol:
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Jet Moore » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 am

Ah, Bellingham... I do remember discussion of some werewolves in the area when the Iron Ring was around. I wonder if they're there in this Maple Pass game. Many thanks.
Jet Moore

Postby Enigmia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Ello person! *waves*
Yeah, Cirque ended quickly. I'm told most things came to a reasonable end by the end of that night though.
You're over 'there' huh? That's.... good luck with that mate, stay safe.
GoE is fun, though currently the normal 'villain' is having most of his plans foiled by people pretty easily. ;)
And, of course, all the LoL shenanigans. All of them.
Enigmia

Return to Off Topic Forum