Hedge Gates

Changeling the Lost Specific Questions

Re: Hedge Gates

Postby Delphinan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Rumored to be the last words known to be spoken by Juttery and Sparkhab as they escaped police pursuit through a tunnel opening into the Hedge...and the resulting crash:

"Oh just wonderful, Sparky. Some people jump from the frying pan into the fire. But you, you have to find a novel third option!"
Last edited by Delphinan on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Delphinan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:23 pm

More Q's on Hedge Gates.

Take a room with two doors next to each other. Make each a gateway with a glamour. Do they go to the same place (as far as next to each other)?

If they do, and with the ruling such as with the Hollow Fortress doors that regardless how the circus travels, the doors are always linked:

Couldn't I do this to a bunch of doors, taken two at a time at various places, leaving one there and putting the other into a big trailer with artwork from 'Monsters Inc.' on the side to create my own portable transportation hub? Walk in one of the outside doors and into the one just next to it, show up in the trailer, then choose any other door and go to that destination?
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Jared Thaler » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:39 pm

There are answers to those questions.

They are not common knowledge, though feel free to experiment / make occult checks. :)
Jared Thaler
Player

Postby Jet Moore » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Or visit the Loremasters of the Autumn Court. Or the elders of said court. I'm sure the Gentry would be interested in helping you explore that possibility; having the capability to steal or retrieve people from that vast an area could be quite useful.
Jet Moore

Postby Trisscar Mordain » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Just out of curiosity, can you have two doors leading out of your 'section' of the Hedge, and have one leading to, say, a portable gate, and one leading to somewhere more permanent, like a closet? And can you turn them on and off if they don't fold down or something?
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." Dresden Files

"I didn't come here to paint each other's toenails like it's a slumber party. I came here to kick your ass."
Trisscar Mordain

Postby Kwirk-Barry Holman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Yes, you can have multiple passages between your hollow and the mundane world, thus is the hollow property 'doors'.

Turning them on and off is a matter of making them clever or hidden enough that other people don't find them.
You can have them keyed to open a certain way easily (e.g. turn three times clockwise in the shadow of this church) but other changelings may be able to force it open by wyrd or glamor.
Kwirk-Barry Holman

Previous

Return to Changeling Rules