Gates

Changeling the Lost Specific Questions

Gates

Postby Capt. Hobbes » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm

I can't seem to find this information in any of the books, and it's pertinent to a little notion I've been noodling: what happens if a gate is taken through another gate? Does it get destroyed as a gate? Does its ability to act as a gate simply get suppressed until its back in the right plane? Is it simply impossible to drag such an item through a gate?
With a heave-hi, lurkin' off the shore!
As wily as a devil with a couple vices more!
And with a ho-hi, from the pilots to the swabs
He's the finest of the pirates and they call him Captain Hobbes!

~From the Ballad of Captain Hobbes
Capt. Hobbes
Admiral

Re: Gates

Postby Grreg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm

I have seen people drag large mirrors through gates and then use them to open a gate...
Grreg

Postby The Doctor » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:47 pm

It was brought up as a side note in a topic to having a hedge gate in your mouth, could you pull things out of it while you were in the hedge.

Mundane sides of hedge gates can be taken into the hedge, but do not work until taken back out.

Pretty sure that's how it works!
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fetch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 am

Technically the book never says but we've ruled that if you take the mundane side of a gate into the hedge it will not work there. Same would apply the other direction but is much less likely because hedge gates generally need to be anchored more firmly than their mortal counterparts and usually don't function when detached from the thorns.
Fetch
Ring Member

Return to Changeling Rules