Arcadian Metabolism.

Changeling the Lost Specific Questions

Re: Arcadian Metabolism.

Postby Lucky Luke » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am

Gregg, on that note, could you only harvest what you can carry? Your're kinda the reason it was so freakin hard for me to find anything. Just like on the oregon trail, it's not a good idea to kill the whole stampede of buffalo if you run across one if you can only carry 200 pounds of meat. Mr. gathered 30 fruit and can only carry 7, grumble grumble.

The 2 dta's thing was referring to me, where I could only find one fruit since the rest had been stripped clean. I found

But that's beside the fact.

It is true that this merit does consume Dta's(or the kindness of others), just to stay alive, and that is a big drawback, especially when this game is now operating with a finite amount of resources that have a tenancy to be used up.
“Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It’s a shark riding on an elephant’s back, just trampling and eating everything they see.”
Lucky Luke

Postby Fetch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 am

Lucky Luke wrote:Gregg, on that note, could you only harvest what you can carry? Your're kinda the reason it was so freakin hard for me to find anything.

No. The reason you couldn't find anything was because the dice gods were not with you. Bad luck. The fluff I put to that involved running across Grreg and Jayne and other's harvested bushes but the roles came first and I crafted the narrative to fit the dice, not the other way around. If you had rolled well then you simply would have found more goblin fruit, not more empty bushes.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Grreg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 am

I propose that in the future people who are going to be harvesting during the same downtime should harvest together that way my excess can be used by others I harvest with.
FYI: I did need lots of glamor, was a 0/13 and was planing on using some costly powers during game but never did.
Grreg

Postby Lucky Luke » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 am

What does the rest of staff, specifically Lucas think of the merit simply making goblin fruit more potent?
“Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It’s a shark riding on an elephant’s back, just trampling and eating everything they see.”
Lucky Luke

Postby Grreg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 am

I like the idea of the merit increasing the bad as well as the good aspects of goblin fruit.
Grreg

Postby Delphinan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

Lucky Luke wrote:What does the rest of staff, specifically Lucas think of the merit simply making goblin fruit more potent?

I'm not staff, but I would think they would be against it because of not wanting to deal with the backlash if a PC kills themselves through a DTA munching a 'bad' goblin fruit with 'enhanced' effects.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Fier » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:44 am

Grreg wrote:I propose that in the future people who are going to be harvesting during the same downtime should harvest together that way my excess can be used by others I harvest with.

Maybe propose this in-character somehow? Otherwise how would people know to go with Grreg?
Fier

Postby Fetch » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:48 am

I think it would need to be defined more rigorously but inherently it's a way to handle the merit. Most of the time it's very very good but one critical failure and patch of Jennyapples will seriously ruin your game.

One idea Gene put forward is that as the text leans towards replacing the effects of goblin fruit it could replace the effects of all goblin fruit with the healing benefit. You have insanely good healing with any access to the hedge but can't benefit from anything other than healing no matter how helpful that could be.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Fier » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

Whaaat. Don't reference me. It was just something I threw out as a joke. Not something serious. At the moment. I'd have to look more at the merit to really think of a serious solution and haven't gotten a chance yet.
Fier

Postby Grreg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am

I actually did propose this IC with Silent Jet, but he did not submit a Dta.
I have also taken another character on a hedge foraging trip and this is the second game where I have waved around goblin fruit and handed some out showing I can get them. So the information is there if they care to look or ask around.
All people have to do is ask him, I believe I have played him as very easy to approach.

Sadly in many cases players do not approach or ask questions unless they have and idea ooc what the character can do so my reason for posting the offer is so that players can start thinking ' would my character notice/be interested/even ask?'
This is shown in how some players brazenly say 'show me your sheet' before engaging in conversation.
Grreg

PreviousNext

Return to Changeling Rules