Glamour Boon

Changeling the Lost Specific Questions

Glamour Boon

Postby Fetch » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:40 am

Changeling: the Lost wrote:Glamour: Not every changeling has access to the reserves of Glamour that drip into the world of mortals from Arcadia. Most changelings have to make do with pacts of Glamour. Between changelings, this is something of a rare boon, for it involves the literal and immediate transfer of Glamour from one changeling to the other when the boon is invoked. Some lieges grant a one-time Glamour boon when they take fealty from a vassal, while others demand a tithe of it from their subjects on a regular basis.

Glamour gained in this way is dependent on the pledge’s specifics. However, no more Glamour than the lowest Wyrd rating of the changelings involved may be transferred at any one time. Alternately, this transfer may happen at intervals, one point of Glamour at a time. This transfer may not happen more often than once a week, and this boon may only transfer a number of points of Glamour equal to the highest Wyrd rating of the changelings involved over the duration of the pledge.

So, I was wondering if Bryce (and everyone else) would be cool with changing the underlined portion to allow the highest Wyrd in Glamour to be transferred via pledge every moon instead of the entire duration. As it is the glamour boon is basically useless between changelings for any significant pledge because not only dose one have to pay the other but they can only pay them a little bit over the entire year/decade/ever.

edit: You could still use multiple pledges to transfer more points in a short time, this would be for transferring more in a long pledge.
Fetch
Ring Member

Re: Glamour Boon

Postby Ovid » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 pm

As this allows changeling kings to tax their subjects metaphysically, I approve of the idea.

Random Floridian: "No taxation without rotation!"
Ovid

Postby The Doctor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Because it's a disposable boon rather than continuous (like adroitness or a merit), it does make sense.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fetch » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks. This will help with certain plans I hope to enact...
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby The Doctor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 pm

I WILL ENACT YOUR FACE WITH MY FIST.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Delphinan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

The Doctor wrote:I WILL ENACT YOUR FACE WITH MY FIST.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :cry:
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Lucky Luke » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Sounds like a PK app. Dun DUUUN.
“Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It’s a shark riding on an elephant’s back, just trampling and eating everything they see.”
Lucky Luke

Postby Ovid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

But, Bryce is the ST in that game. He doesn't *need* a PK app.

Or, if we're talking about CdP, Bryce would need an STK app. Which I think involves framing Lucas for violent crime in a state with an active death penalty.
Ovid

Postby The Doctor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Nah, I just need to be caught baking with him. =O
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Ovid » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:03 am

The Doctor wrote:Nah, I just need to be caught baking with him. =O

Nah, the murder would need to be legal in the framework of the rules of the game the ST is playing in. Since the ST is a meta-character, this would be the real world. Since Lucas is an American citizen, you'd need to get him executed by the state.

Getting Gene to illegally kill him would just be taking advantage of a rules exploit, not submitting a legal kill application.
Ovid

Next

Return to Changeling Rules