Creating the Explorers

Here our explorers will be created!

Creating the Explorers

Postby Fetch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 am

To get a spot in the game all one need do is begin bidding on character traits. You get 15 beanies to spend.
I will keep posting traits for bid until everyone is out of beanies, has five traits, or has stopped bidding for a day.
You may only have one "Demographic" and one "Profession."
There is no limit on "Hobbies" and "Destinies."

Each trait will remain on bid for one day, from when I post it one morning to when I collect the bids the next.

Demographics:
Describe the general age/gender of your character
Young characters will get less skill from Hobbies and Professions but will be balanced by a secret condition in game
Old characters will get more skill from Hobbies and Professions but will be balanced by a secret condition in game

Professions:
Provide a bulk of skills/attributes for your character

Hobbies:
Provide a single skill/attribute pair for your character

Destinies:
Provide flavor traits for your character
are the major arcana for tarot
Fetch
Ring Member

Re: Creating the Explorers

Postby Skittles » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Question: Are we trying to outbid each other on the stuff? Like if I want to be the priest would I then bid 2 beanies on being the priest, outbidding the current bidder?
Skittles

Postby Fetch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes. You could even bid 3 if you really wanted to blow them away.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Jet Moore » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Waiting on more demographics/professions/hobbies/destinies before bidding.
Jet Moore

Postby House » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 am

We're getting close to the end here. Almost everybody either has 5+ traits or isn't bidding.
House

Postby AEEE! » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm still bidding!!! Just looking for a few more things that fit...
AEEE!

Postby Fetch » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Fetch wrote:I will keep posting traits for bid until everyone is out of beanies, has five traits, or has stopped bidding for a day.

Not to be pushy but I thew this in to make sure we'd be able to actually get going in a reasonable timeframe. That and tomorrow I run the last of the Major Arcana.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby House » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 am

Ok, so now that people are getting done anyone who's out of beanies or just doesn't feel like bidding any more should make an account with their character's name. With this account post up a description in this board with stuff the other characters should know. You might want to talk a bit with other character to whom you are connected to get your thoughts together.

In your description you should include any unusual items your character is bringing. Everybody probably has a cellphone or flashlight to see because the house has no electricity. A sword or knife isn't something most people cary around with them.
Above your description you should distribute 10 points describing how your character approaches problems. Power covers hitting problems head on. Finesse indicates a facility for find details and minor manipulations. Coordination covers bringing multiple parts of a solution together without loosing focus on any one aspect. Resistance means you can take a hit or insult without loosing composure.

Once that is done I shall release you into the house!
House

Postby Delphinan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 am

Those of us not playing would probably like to see the character in the avatar gallery too. :)
Delphinan
Site Admin

Return to Meat the Cast