Contracts of "Space"

Just General Chatter about the Game

Re: Contracts of "Space"

Postby Adam Icarus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:41 am

Enigmia wrote:Also. the catch for Changing Cameras should totally be that you have a USB, CD, or other storage device with you, even if the item doesn't have a port for it. ;)

I would think some conductive cable flex would be more appropriate. That represents the redirection, IMHO.
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Enigmia » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 pm

I was thinking usb, cause the movies say that you can use a usb to hack any computer ever. That works too though. :)
Enigmia

Postby Enigmia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Mk, so after throwing the new set onto the backburner of my mind for a while, something has occurred to me. Can clause four let me use sound as a weapon?
Enigmia

Postby Enigmia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 pm

M'k. I think I may have figured out how to put what I think about this subject into words. Some of it anyway. To business.

On the subject of time and space:
The simplest quantification I have thought of is; Time is the nature of how things change. Space is the nature of how things are.
For example. "Time heals all wounds... All things change with time... Time is rust and decay, growth and the building of things..."
"Space is the position of things in relation to others... It is the stuff beyond, and around, the planets... Space is the universe..."

This, I think, is why I have been so careful about how to make the contracts. Even using only one facet of each of these things, they are pretty encompassing. There is so much potential of stepping on the toes of other contracts and "elements". Thanks again Lucas for drafting the actual clauses, by the way. I know I was (and am) taking forever, and that must be frustrating to the people who I end up talking to about it for hours on end. ;)

This is also why I haven't wanted to use Separation. Yes, it has to do with where things are in relation to other things, but it clearly was meant to have just as much to do with emotional separation as well. Given the nature of "space" as I described it above, and the dual purpose of the Separation contracts themselves, it feels kind of.... Half-assed to use them. They have their own sphere of influence, and while that intersects with space as a concept, it's still another sphere, with it's own "issues" I guess. Space in this case has little to do with the random firing of organic brain neurons beyond the fact that they exist, I feel. ;)

Anyway, that's why I've been treading carefully like I'm in a minefield. I'm hoping to get the ball rolling on this whole thing soon. I'm not sure how much leeway staff will want to give me with the plot of the game, since what I have in mind is a bit "epic story", but I hope you all find it entertaining and enjoyable. Thanks for the ride so far, it's been awesome. :)
Enigmia

Previous

Return to General Discussion