Contracts that pop up when I work on other stuff

Just General Chatter about the Game

Contracts that pop up when I work on other stuff

Postby Enigmia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:36 am

Just a place to dump these till I try to seriously make them. Feel free to comment.

Illusions

First- Lingering Odor
- Change a smell to anything else you can accurately remember, exceptional success
means that anyone who smells it has to roll not to feel sick from the intensity,
no matter what the smell is.
- Catch: You have a source of the smell you are trying to create on your person
when you activate the contract. It can be covered or in some kind of containment,
but you must be able to smell it for at least a moment.

Second- Phantom Melody
- Take a sound (including speech) being produced by anything, and people will still
hear that sound, but they will also hear something different that nearly overrides
the original sound, forcing a check to hear the original.

Third- Disappearing Colors
- Change a nearby color to any other color you can think of, including clear. No matter
how bright or dark a color you make it, it can't blind someone or absorb more light
unless they would be blinded or absorbed normally without this contract in effect.
- Catch: The target color is surrounded by like colors or shades.
(radius needs definition maybe?)

Fourth- Ethereal Contact
- You (or a willing and aware subject) are invisible until you (or they, if placed on
someone else) touch something other than the ground, even through weaponry or other objects.
Cannot be activated or reactivated until you are out of everyone's sight.

Fifth- Total Domination Of Their Surrondings... Or So They Think
- You have complete control over what a target's senses receive, and what they don't, for a
scene. GG.
Enigmia

Re: Contracts that pop up when I work on other stuff

Postby Enigmia » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm

Single contract; Material Gravity
Elephants can jump, and space elevators and giant mechs can be made with non-sci-fi materials or carbon nanotubes. Alternately, a feather can weigh more than a loaf of bread or a bag of flour can put holes in a ship without needing to explode first.

Fifth- Total Domination Of Their Surrondings... Or So They Think
- You have complete control over what a target's senses receive, and what they don't, for a
scene. GG.

Realized that the above should probably be something not covered by the others clauses, and it seems like making the changes from them reality for a while should be the next logical step, but I think that was done somewhere already....right?
Enigmia

Postby Enigmia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Contracts of Impression (drawing, this sounded like what I wanted but there may be a better term)

All about the way that, when someone draws something or tries to model it in any way, they put their own personal spin on it somehow, according to their own experiences and perceptions. In the same fashion, people can be different depending on the situation they find themselves in. Like how in animation, the creators may initially draw a character to look like an idiot, or a evil bastard. But then they take the same base features and draw them as a serious or "good" person, because a battle is going on or something has changed in the character's arc.
Enigmia

Postby Enigmia » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:00 am

Geez my imagination's on fire tonight. Anyway;

Contract of the Arena of Personality

-An area is designated as the "arena".
-Everyone within it has a boost of +1 to every base stat, and all their passions are now five dots. Their willpower is refilled at the point at which they enter. Once they leave, the stress of the arena drops their willpower to zero, not matter what.
-The players within the arena (and any npcs) may choose to alter their character's appearance to be more like "their inner selves". This could mean looking more like they would if they had Wyrd 10, suddenly being covered in chains or bandages, or glowing, or just about anything else you can think of besides silly things like growing to the size of a planet (sorry, no Galaxy Drill). These changes confer no bonuses or penalties (they're purely cosmetic), and they revert once the character leaves the arena.
Enigmia

Return to General Discussion