Searching for an Enigma

The most 'alive' place in America to retire.

Re: Searching for an Enigma

Postby Prometheus » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 am

"Well not school as such, but lore passed down from one learned one to another. When the Wyrd sanctifies a promise it's called a Pledge, Vow, or if really important a Oath. I'm sure you know how to call upon the Wyrd to act as witness you your words.

Pledges are generally understood to have several distinct parts.

The most important is the Task. 'I'll tend your garden' or 'I'll never speak of this again' for example. Task bleeds over into Duration. Duration may be implicit, such as 'never again' but you usually want to make sure it's explicit so you know exactly how long you have to do your thing. A year and a day and a season are probably the two most commonly used explicit Durations. Important note: Never bind a promise for just a Year. It's said that only the Gentry do that.

Not every pledge has collateral, formally a corporal, but if the Wyrd thinks you're over extended it will demand you put something up to show how serious you are to bind any more pledges. Break the pledge and the Wyrd takes your collateral.

Boons and Sanctions are optional in that they are basically good and bad luck that the Wyrd heaps upon those who keep or break their word. By explicitly stating what beneficial and ill luck we want on the line we can influence what the Wyrd dose. In general the greater the task the greater the blessing, the longer the duration the worse the curse.

In our case I am suggesting vulnerability to one another's magics as the Sanction. Left unspecified the sanction could be anything the Wyrd finds appropriate, up to death."
Prometheus

Postby Enigmia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:00 pm

".....So you want us to be more vulnerable to each others tricks of the trade, not just vulnerable in general. I see, my apologies.

"In this case, everything seems to be in order. Certainly nothing else is occuring to me at the moment."
Enigmia

Postby Prometheus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 am

"Allright then, why don't you bind it? For practice."

Pause.

"Also I'm tapped out after the hellish ordeal with the Traders..."

((OOC: I figure easier to just place this scene after that one then insert it before, unless there's pressing reason to have it ret-conned in.))
Prometheus

Postby Enigmia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:39 pm

(Not that I can think of, think I got glamour off of sera that time.)
Enigmia

Postby Prometheus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:54 pm

((Actually takes a Willpower but you probably have one of those to. I'll drop a PM to Staff.))
Prometheus

Previous

Return to Bisbee