Charred Everything (the local hospital)

The most 'alive' place in America to retire.

Re: Charred Everything (the local hospital)

Postby Enigmia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 pm

She grins. "That wasn't confusing at all. But you're right there, there's a lot of tension around here. That's got a lot to do with the histories between certain people], but the absence of freeholds is mostly due to an incident that killed the last one pretty effectively."
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

"You mean the one Prometheus was part of? Do you know what happened to them? The subject doesn't seem to be brought up much..."
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Her face falls. "Well, this happened when I was out of town at one point, but... Apparently Prometheus decided to walk around as me for a while, and this one guy who had some beef with him decided to threaten to shoot "me" for some reason. The gun went off, whether purposefully or not, and Prometheus got badly hurt. Then the guy either was chased out of town, or left of his own free will, and by the time I came back everyone was acting sheepish and surprised that I was still alive."

She shrugs. "I guess I should be grateful to Prometheus for literally taking a bullet for me, but he spends so much time trying to annoy people that it's kind of hard not to blame him for people's attitudes towards him."
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am

"Well damn. Remind ME not to make any enemies around here..."

On a second thought, he thought it meaningful to ask "Does anyone know who that guy was?"
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Nods. "Most of the veteran changelings do. When he left a bunch of others left as well, I guess because they figured that if something like that could happen, then this wasn't a place they wanted to be."
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:25 pm

"Seems like things turned out pretty unpleasant..."
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 pm

"Yeah, though nobody died, so it wasn't as bad as it could be. And we haven't had much of that kind of changeling on changeling violence since, so I guess most of the instigators of that left with the first guy.
"But yeah, that killed that freehold pretty easily. As for why there wasn't one here before, I guess everyone was fine with the Dawn vs Dusk setup till a few years ago."
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:35 pm

"But things have calmed down a bit since then, right?"
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 am

Chuckles, "Well, in terms of fighting in the streets yes, though I think someone used a giant robot to get rid of the nightmare rat plague we had a little while ago..."
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 pm

His eyes lit up excitedly, much like a child's.

"Giant robots?! Now there's something I haven't seen in YEARS! Eh, except on TV... Wait, what's this about a plague?"
Palamedes

PreviousNext

Return to Bisbee