The Witch of the Season

In the lap of the Mule Mountains sits this testament to the endurance of the human spirit. Old Bisbee sits to the north of Lake Lavender and is largely inaccessible to cars.

The Witch of the Season

Postby Titus Finch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Sometime early in the afternoon on Sunday, Titus Finch approaches the door of the Harvest Witch's house. He looks energized, and slightly tousled, as if he just slowed down from a jog. The Darkling knocks twice on the door, before stepping back and keeping an eye on the street.
Titus Finch

Re: The Witch of the Season

Postby Mien » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

The door opens to reveal the Harvest Witch in all her...charred glory? She's dressed as immaculately as ever, but has some recent, rather horrid burn scars about her neck. Undeterred, she flashes a dazzling smile.

"Well, hello there...you're back again quick."
Mien

Postby Titus Finch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Titus can't help but glance at the burn wounds around her neck. Then again, the Witch is surely used to people not looking at her face when they talk to her. Still, there is a slight look of discomfort on his face, beyond even his usual trepidation, when he speaks.

"I have some things to offer you, in exchange for your lore. I would be careful, though. Not only are they mystical, but they are of some interest to mortals as well. The police, in particular."
Last edited by Titus Finch on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titus Finch

Postby Mien » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 pm

The witch lets out a sultry chuckle.

"What, and the crystal wasn't? My, but you've been busy..."
Mien

Postby Titus Finch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:09 pm

He shifts uneasily, adjusting the weight of the bag.

"You do have things that nobody else offers..." He trails off vaguely, not entirely sure how to continue.

"Cornelius was going to come with me, to help me describe what I have here. Work keeps him busy, though."

He falls silent, looking back at the Witch. As if he could look elsewhere.
Titus Finch

Postby Mien » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:16 pm

"More's the pity. Well, would you like to come in?"

She steps away from the entry, allowing the darkling in.
Mien

Postby Titus Finch » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Titus nods in thanks, and quickly steps inside. Walking over to where he normally sits during these proceedings, he speaks up again.

"I understand that the stone was something of a... hot item. But these are different. There may be police looking for them. There are already police looking for me."
Titus Finch

Postby Mien » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 pm

She wanders over to her own seat.

"I'll be sure to take all the necessary precautions, then."
Mien

Postby Titus Finch » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Titus seems to accept this, and with no further ado, he reaches into his bag and pulls out an array of antique looking pipes.

"These are what I was able to get ahold of. I am not sure of exactly what they do, but I've been told by one of ours that they are magical in nature."

He watches the Witch's face for any sign of displeasure, or excitement, or anything other than her air of faintly welcoming pleasantry.
Titus Finch

Postby Mien » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Her lips purse.

"Really, robbing the museum again?"
Mien

Next

Return to Old Bisbee