Target Practice

Sometimes you just need to get lost amongst the dunes...

Target Practice

Postby Palamedes » Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 pm

"DAMMIT!" The wizened swordsman swore loudly for what seemed to be the 20th time.
Wooden boards with bull's eyes painted on them hung on nearby shrubbery. Very few of them had holes in them.

"I don't get it, I can use a bow just fine and all, but when it comes to firearms I'm just useless!"

He sat down to take a short break, putting the revolver back into its holster and setting it down next to his longbow. These days, humans liked to use these convenient long range weapons called 'handguns'. Swords do not deflect bullets well, despite what movies may tell you. Naturally, thrown weapons and such were inferior as well.

Being in the middle of nowhere had its merits......not that training was going well.

((Currently has 0 in firearms.))
Palamedes

Re: Target Practice

Postby Neuron Del Nu Legend » Sun May 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Gunshots are heard from quite a distance behind Palamedes. A dozen bullets fly past his head and strike the center of each bull's eye twice. (Total of +12 to each shot with his firearms) Footsteps sound as the figure approaches, clicking can be heard as clips are changed.

"Bows are fine, but guns are a sure fire way the enemy stays down." Nunu approached as he put back his golden eagles.

"Having trouble there? Just point and click, simple as that."Nunu looked curiously at the bow and revolver.

"Well, ya could do worse. Ya could try throwing your swords instead."

"Anywho, if ya wanna shoot you should probably do it at a place where you don't look so odd. Like perhaps a gun-club?" Nunu tries smiling, but it looks more menacing than anything. Takes a seat near Palamedes but makes sure to give him some distance.
Neuron Del Nu Legend

Postby Paven Ap » Sun May 19, 2013 9:23 pm

sry my screen name is different from my character name and i take it your new to the larp so welcome.

Anthony is out driving his motorcycle when he hears the gunshots. knowing there were a lot of people that fire off guns but few could out match his skill, ok sparky could match him but we are talking raw skill . No officer of the law could and that was saying something. Anyway it was best to see who was doing the shooting in case he got blamed for it. one shot goes off and everyone thinks it him, would be nice to have "seen" the person doing the shooting.

it takes him a while and he sees two changelings one with a gun in his hand. This the rare times he does not have a gun drawn he was doing that more so these days. yet bullets still hurt and can kill you. the good thing he knows he can out draw anyone. Yet chuck after all this time tough him to be prepared but not fire first.

" Excuse me not to interrupt you but why are you using a gun all the way out here? cause if your going to shot someone your gunfire can still be heard and the bullets can be still traced as can your gun. I also take it your both new here and yes i know your changelings and no I'm not here to hurt you or arrest you. it is my job to help protect the area and i heard gunshots "

the two changeling see a very tall looking troll with a shotgun and revolver. they see that he is in combat boots, a leather jacket, jeans, an undershirt and aviators. Next to him is an old style looking motorcycle.
Paven Ap

Postby Palamedes » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am

"Hnn, I thought this place was pretty desolate... Didn't think I'd run into others here."

stands up and turns around

"I guess using guns here isn't too great an idea. Sorry about that noise. Gun clubs are an issue too...(mutters something about legal ages and suspiciously obtained weapons) Or I could switch to my rifle since its got a silencer on it. But at this rate, throwing my swords might not be such a bad idea..."

"I think it's my left eye. It seems to 'see' faster than my right by a split second."
Palamedes

Postby Neuron Del Nu Legend » Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 am

(Thaig is gone, this is my new character)
(A small athletic changeling whose skin looks as though it is fragile and could crack at any moment.)
Nunu hearing the vehicle approaching quickly holsters his guns, if someone were to see him put them away they had to have excellent vision, and hides them beneath his cloak. Nunu retreats behind Palamedes peering around the swordsman at the approaching figure.

Careful, I do not know this one. Nunu whispers to Palamedes

After the figure stops speaking his warning, Nunu seems to shrink a bit more behind Palamedes standing as well. He appears to be putting Palamedes between him and the large changeling. If only his brother was here, then he wouldn't feel so helpless in this situation.

What makes you think that either of us are shooting someone? Can you not see the targets down the range? I do apologize for the noise, I shall be more careful from now on. I did not realize that shooting in the middle of the desert was illegal in this town. Who are you exactly? Are you hear to shoot someone? Is it one of us? And if so why? What have we done?

Nunu seems on edge, he looks as though he may bolt at a moments notice given the chance. He realizes he can't run away, but he may get to a dune to hide behind.
Neuron Del Nu Legend

Postby Paven Ap » Tue May 21, 2013 12:08 am

(Thaig is gone, this is my new character) well Paven was not there to turn back time to save you a second time sadly.

seeing a nervous guy with a gun his first thought not one he would expect from himself :

O how the shoes on the other foot, so this is how chuck felt during these times.

My name is Anthony, I apologize for that statement about killing someone and im not a cop nor I am not hear to shot anyone. I did not mean to accuse you or startle you. Also i did not see the targets till now hence to apology. Im sry if my words or tone came off badly and such for im not that great with new people, my friends are helping me with that. My 2 best friends here helped me comes to grips with what we are. over time i found all changelings are trying to live out our their new lives. I asked if your going to kill someone for that is when you use a gun to end a life. The only other times is when your target shooting so that you don't miss when i counts when lives are at stake. when i did not see the targets i was afraid you were going to shoot me or someone. its just a lot has happened involving guns. its a bit of a long story one that needs to be told by brain light who is a friend of mine, he knows it better then i do and can explain it way better and. it ties into why im out here.

( looks at the targets)
Anyway that is quite some shooting and i have not seen that kind of skill in a very long time. In case if you did not know we do have a gun range in town. I happen to be the owner of it and your free to use it when you like when we are open.
(( as i recall it was left in my name))

every changeling knows if they want target practice they just ask me, that way we don't bother the town when we fire off rounds. All i ask is that you don't bother the clients and you abide to gun safety at all times. Also if you bring your own amo it cuts down on our costs if you don't have your own u can buy some from us. All the guns that we have are cleaned and inspected by myself. when you return the guns when i lock up please do so with the safety on. I offer my services as an instructor from time to time. As to your thing about being under aged all i need is consent from a parent or guardian. that is rather hard to get as a changeling so i would need to come up with another way yet if your serious about learning we can find a way for you. we can cut a few corners and can get you a membership. we can sneak you in after hours if we have to. I rather get people trained to know what there doing when they have a gun in their hands. If you put in the time you can become a good shoot, but that takes time.

Now you know who i am, I would like to know more about the two of you if you don't mind telling.
Paven Ap

Postby Palamedes » Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 am

The swordsman is visibly relieved that the stranger is friendly and reasonable.

"Now, if you're the owner of that gun range, THAT makes things a bit easier. Actually, my "legal age" is 19. I just run into issues because I look a bit younger than that. Although at this rate, I might as well give up on using guns as an effective means of long range self defense... Maybe I should try to close my left eye and take my time when aiming..."

"Ah, sorry for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Palamedes. I've been traveling for sometime now and recently settled in Bisbee. There's been a few rumors circulating about this town... Anyways, it seems I'm here to stay for quite a while; the town is rather nice and there's a lot of people-less spaces. I've found a job (and a place to stay) at an observatory on the outskirts of town, so there's no reason for me to go anywhere...err, or is it 'nowhere to go?' Ah, well, something like that."

Looks at Nunu.

"Wait, where IS your brother?"

The image of a large yeti-like being with sub-par communication skills comes to mind...
Palamedes can't quite imagine him wandering around alone...
Palamedes

Postby Neuron Del Nu Legend » Tue May 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Nunu looks very confused at Anthony's words. He does not seem to understand them. He seems suspicious of Anthony's words and has a doubtful look on his face.

Since when are you the owner of the gun club? As far as I am aware chuck is the sole owner, and it is he who brought my brother and I there to stay and care for the establishment. When I was there not two hours ago the place was no longer in disrepair, but only because I have been repairing and maintaining it for the past two weeks.

Nunu looks slightly angry that one could claim to own such an establishment and yet leave it in such disarray. He stand away from Palamedes to create some distance. Looking towards Palamedes.

William is currently at the club sweeping away at the dust and stacking the ammunition boxes from the new stock. He is fine as long as he has a task to complete.

Turning back towards Anthony.

Seeing as you wish us no immediate harm then if I may introduce myself. I am Neuron Del Nu, former champion of the League and recent escapee of the Rift. My friends, brother, and I are all recent escapees and we have come to settle in and around town to hopefully seek some peace.

Looking slightly worried on his face

Upon my arrival I met Chuck, he introduced me to Byron Black who suggested that since I was so handy with a gun I should put my skills to good use and work at the, at the time, abandoned gun range Chuck owned. Chuck liked the idea since it gave my brother and I something to do and he gave us the key to get the range running again. I did not realize you were the owner of the range, but it was in such wear when I got their that I thought no one had been there for months. I do apologize and we shall leave if that is what you wish.

Nunu bows slightly though never letting his head drop.

If you do wish for us to leave we shall. I do wish to still use the gun range if you do not mind though, I make my own ammunition as well thus I would like to collect the discarded bullets if you do not mind. Oh and if you see a large man in the shop please do not shoot him, he is my brother and he does not communicate well with others. He is quick to act and does not understand anyone but me.

Nunu looks slightly concerned, it isn't clear whether it is for his brother or for those who meet him
Neuron Del Nu Legend

Postby Palamedes » Tue May 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Palamedes is extremely confused now an isn't quite sure what's going on anymore. He's starting to wonder if it's a sign that he really ought to stick with the familiarity of his trusty blades and give up on these gun contraptions.

"Are you guys talking about the same place??? Actually, I didn't know Chuck was any good with guns...come to think of it, does Sparky get his guns from Chuck?"
Palamedes

Postby Paven Ap » Tue May 21, 2013 11:43 pm

O yes i can see now why all this confused you. I did have to leave town for a bit and i did not think i was coming back. I got half way and realized i was leaving behind my best friend, who happens to be the very chuck we speak of. Him and i have had many adventures together for me to through that away. Hes a good man and does what is right. It has almost killed him and me more then once but we fought side by side and lived. You see him and I had a good friend the once lived here. It was him who established the gun club and let us use it well me cause i did the range, chuck not so much. It was built a bit more then a year ago now, time is a bit blurry. When he left, It was for the legal reason under both chucks and my name in case one of us died. Chuck had a lot of things he needed to do most of the time and could not be there full time. So i ran most of it looked after and cleaned the guns the shop. I had no help at the time for no one knew how to look after any fire arm. I looked it up weeks ago telling him i was most likely not to return for some time for i thought i was headed to a location that would most likely get me killed by fighting vampires. I realized fighting them was not worth my life and that we had way more issues here that needed me back. That is why your confused and im sorry for the confusion. Nor do i wish you to leave. It is nice to see a marksmen that knows how to use a gun for i was the only one up til now and sparky never showed interest in teaching. If you wish help train as well that would also be nice. 2 instructors are better then one. Also fill free to take anything bullet casing you like. i don't have much use for them after they are used. It will save me the work of having to pick them up and such. When i meet your brother i would ask you come with me, In short i would like the both of you to stay on, but i found having a person one recognizes is handy, chuck tough me that as well.

No Sparky did not get the guns from chuck nor did chuck use a gun when i was around he uses a sword. Sparky does use guns yes but he well does it in a very unique way, he uses contracts to do so. That is another way to learn to use them and we can do down that road but sparky would have to agree to show you how he does so for i don't know how exactly he does it. I have seen him do so only a few times but it does work out very well when he does.
Paven Ap

Next

Return to Kickin' around in the Desert