Another Day

Sometimes you just need to get lost amongst the dunes...

Another Day

Postby Palamedes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:46 am

Location: Just north of Old Bisbee, at a small observatory just outside of town (not past the tunnel, I think).
Time: 1:30 am

Palamedes sat on the roof of the dome that housed the largest telescope, taking a short break from work. Tonight was a special night. When he could earn a little extra money than the usual pay by doing the routine maintenance and cleaning for the telescopes. It was a slightly tedious job, but it did pay well.

Alright, so he was slacking off a bit, taking his time. But there really wasn't a time limit or anything, as long as it got done by morning.

((Open for character or NPC interactions and/or other strange occurrences/mini-plotlines. Otherwise, there really isn't a purpose to this thread.))
((BTW, is this in the right place? Or should it just be in 'Old Bisbee'?))
Palamedes

Re: Another Day

Postby Enigmia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 am

(You mean the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory? I don't think they have telescopes there. Though if they're still running, and I can't tell from the website, they'd probably need help cleaning various things. Regardless...)
If he chooses to look up at the night sky, he might see an odd sight to the southwest, across the border. It almost looks like someone decided to set off fireworks from the upper atmosphere. Certainly meteor showers don't glow in as many colors as that.
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am

((No, it's a fictional location on the north side of town, actually now that I check, really close to said bird observatory...other side of 80. It serves as my character's work place and residence currently.))

He looks off into the distance and sees......

"Fireworks? That's unusual. Not quite 4th of July yet......Wait, is that even still in Arizona?"

He speeds up his working pace, possibly hoping to go check out the location afterwards.
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm

The colors eventually fade, after a seeming finale of impacts on the horizon.
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am

Work is finally done, and Palamedes decides to head over to the ground origin of the fireworks. He assumes it should be around the border.

Climbing down from the rooftop, he goes back inside to grab his bag, motorcycle helmet, and 2 daggers (you can never be too sure around here).

"If it isn't anything interesting, I suppose I could look for a 24hr convenience store somewhere to get some ice cream... man, I really want some ice cream...(Wait, is there even such a place in Bisbee? Well, Sierra Vista has one...close enough."

Then, he heads off towards the location.
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:09 am

As he travels along Highway 92, the desert seems quieter than usual. Even the stars seem to be muted after the light show. It takes an hour or so, but eventually he comes near to the turnoff leading to Coronado National Memorial. Just as he passes a sign saying "S Coronado Memorial Road, 5 miles" he might notice something odd out the driver side window. It looks like there's a horse wandering in the desert, and as he comes nearer he might see two shapes slumped on it's back.
Enigmia

Postby Palamedes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 am

"W-What is that?"

He parks his motorcycle just off the road and takes a closer look at the strange figures.

((PERCEPTION TEST TIME! I wanna see if I can see anything weird.))
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:14 pm

(Staff, would you like to do the honors?)
Enigmia

Postby Staff » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Wits + Investigation = 6 -3 for it being the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.
Draws: (7)
Draw Totals: 10
Successes: 1
Staff

Postby Enigmia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:31 am

(Looks at the thread and realizes that a motorcycle doesn't have windows. Facepalm.)

(In other news: Thank you staff.)

Yep, it's a horse, a well bred one too, even by your experience. Two people appear to have fallen over on it, and yet haven't left the saddle. And did someone light a brush fire recently?
Enigmia

Next

Return to Kickin' around in the Desert