They Call Me MISTER Snodgrass

Imposing, and suited to the royalty that rules the land from this secure fortress, it is not coincidence that as the rays of each sunrise strike, the walls turn the color of the blood that has been spilled opposing its rule.

They Call Me MISTER Snodgrass

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Samuel Snodgrass: Appears roughly mid-teens, clad in patched overalls, a shirt that may at one time have comprised a dog's bed, and absolutely nil in the way of footwear. His unkempt hair is largely covered in a woven-reed hat, and in the place where there might otherwise have been a corncob pipe there is a slender metal contraption with an actual steam whistle at the end of it.

To anyone who's listening: "Beggin' a pardon or two, but I got me a powerful need to see a body about some copper."
Samuel Snodgrass

Re: They Call Me MISTER Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Quite quickly his shout-out is responded to by a pair of copper guards, ever-energetic and looking to engage.

"What ho, interested in bodies of copper? Well look no more, for here you will find the most beautiful specimens in existence!"

They both halt before the man, resplendent in coppery hues and strike a gallant, if a bit overdone, pose.
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 pm

"Lawd, ain't you a sight. But naw, I'm in need of somethin' workable, lessen y'all want to be rendered into pistols and steam tanks."
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 am

They pause, looking confused as to why someone wouldn't want their gloriousness.

"Oh, er...what?"

"You're wanting copper...that's not us? Whyever would you want that?"
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 pm

"'Cause I'm fixing to make somethin' of it, and I daresay there's nothin' much I can do to make y'all into somethin' better than you already is. You can see my quandary. Is there any metal 'round these here parts what can stand to benefit from a workman's hands?"
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

One of them gives a small squeak, reminiscent of an embarassed cough, as they relax from their poses and assume their normal duty positions, elbows out and fists at the waist.

"Making something...out of copper...well, we have a Copper King learning the rudiments of medicine, he's gotten quite skilled with it!"

"And I suppose besides that, there's always the Copper Queen you can talk to."

"Oh, indeed, you can!"

"Huzzah!"
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:49 pm

"Much obliged. How might I set that up?"
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 pm

They both gesture grandly first one way, then the other as their directions dictate.

"Well the Copper King Chirurgeon can be found in one of the lower workshops, down that hallway and down a flight of stairs."

"Indeed, and the Copper Queen is currently in the Atrium, sunning herself."

"Any other way we can be of service, Sir?"
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 pm

"H'well, I s'pose it would be might proper that I go announce myself to the lady of the house." He removes his hat, licks his hand, and runs it completely ineffectively back across his hair. "Y'all have a fine day, ya hear?"

Goes in the indicated direction to the atrium.
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

The two copper guards fall easily in step behind MISTER Snodgrass, grinning broadly as they march behind him.

Following the directions is easier than expected, as if the layout of the castle was designed to be able to guide people to the Atrium. Inside is a simple scene with a woman with copper skin and dressed in robes reading a book under a sunny afternoon shining down through the glass roof. She looks up from the book and smiles, setting it aside for the moment though she remains seated.

"Well hello there. A new traveler in town?"
Mien

Next

Return to Copper Queen Castle