They Call Me MISTER Snodgrass

Imposing, and suited to the royalty that rules the land from this secure fortress, it is not coincidence that as the rays of each sunrise strike, the walls turn the color of the blood that has been spilled opposing its rule.

Re: They Call Me MISTER Snodgrass

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Holds his hat in his hands. "H'well, ma'am--- Aw, shucks, you got real purdy hair--- See, I done come by hear on tales of all your crazy supplies of copper an' celebrated affinity for firearms. Mostly I'd like to turn the former into the latter. Also I do other stuff.

"Rabbit-corns, I'm gettin' ahead of myself. M'name's Snodgrass. Samuel Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass. I'm a steam-smith by trade, and I once caught me a fish this big, from gill to gill, if it was a foot." He holds out his arms. "The locals called 'im Willy Large-Gills, claimed he never bit nobody's hook fer no reason a'toll. So I took me a line made of the finest silk, tied it to a hook of solid gold, and baited it with a drawing of Bessie Dugont; purely out of curiosity as to who would try to catch him with such a stupid set-up, Willy Large-Gills jumped right up into my boat and lay at my feet gaping at me until we got all the way back to shore."

He scratches his nose. "I don't s'pose that's the kind of thing that impresses ladyfolk made of copper?"
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 pm

The queen makes a demure smile, brushing her golden hair out from in front of her face as she stands and steps over to him, hands clasped before her.

"That you are so excited by the tale is all the impression needed.

So how can I aid you, Mister Snodgrass?"
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

"I just require the means to ply my trade, in return for which I wouldn't object to actually plyin' it. P'raps you already have a ready staff of craftsmen, but if they ever leave you in want of firepower, or steam enginery, or goddess-like copper likenesses of yourself that, I don't know, maybe have secret buttons in the eyes that you press to open up the hidden door to your inner sanctum... I'm losing my train of thought."
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Her smile broadens at the 'goddes-like copper likeness' comment, spreading her hands in welcome.

"Well of course, what means would you require? I take it you're going to be taking residence here."
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 am

"'Here' as in here here? Hereabouts. Alls I really need is raw materials."
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am

She frowns slightly, brows knitting together in apparent confusion.

"Are you not going to be staying about here? Really, we have lodgings for anyone who would need it, we don't turn people away."
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

"Yes, but the trappings of today do make a body nervous."
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:39 pm

The Copper Queen blinks, apparently not understanding the source of this problem.

"Is there something wrong with the castle?"
Mien

Postby Samuel Snodgrass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:05 pm

"Nothing that a series of goddess-like statues wouldn't fix. Hah! But no, it's more like there's somethin' wrong with me. Can't sleep with roofs over my head. Tried it out for a while; chopped me up a proper cabin in the eldritch wilderness and near about burned down half the Hedge when my fireplace backed up. Wouldn't have thought you could burn down the Hedge--- am I right? --- but fire is a bitch like that."
Samuel Snodgrass

Postby Mien » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 pm

"Ah, I see...that is quite unfortunate. Well, if not lodgings, what is it that you wanted? Smithing materials?"
Mien

PreviousNext

Return to Copper Queen Castle