Buisness as usual

Altho St. Elmo's Bar doesn't look like much from the outside it's quite the lively drinking establishment.

Re: Buisness as usual

Postby Sera Fina » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm

"A celestial body? So you're from a star?" Sera asks looking rather curious. "Is that why you're so bright? Cuz I'm from fire so that's why I'm fire."

Drinks a bit of the brandy, with less enthusiasm than usual.
Sera Fina

Postby Ishtar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Ishtar smiles politely at Mr. Black but does not otherwise respond at first. She gets a far-away look in her eyes, the thousand-yard stare of the soldier. The family homestead, the rapes, the abduction by a changeling and more flash before her eyes when she considers the word "family" and "home."

"I meant the structure I was born and raised in, Mr. Black. May I have another drink? I believe two drinks will be enough for me for tonight."

While he acquires that she confides in Sara "Yes, I've been to heaven. I saw no god up there. Now, while he's away, do you want to tell me what's been so obviously bothering you?"
The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.
-Carl Sagan
Ishtar

Postby Byron Black » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 am

Having empathy Byron will get up and take his time getting drinks until he sees that the two ladies have had their chat.
Image Striking looks 4, Spring Mantle 3, Resources 5, Fame 1
Byron Black

Postby Sera Fina » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 am

"Bothered? I'm not bothered. Something has changed, and it was unsettling. A reminder of the past that I forgot." Sera was being cryptic for once. She also had a far away look in her eyes, losing herself in what memory she did have "The feeling was quite a novelty really."
Sera Fina

Postby Ishtar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

"I won't begrudge you calling it 'unsettled' in lieu of 'bothered.' Was it the word 'family' or 'home?' Do you want to talk about it at all? I promise I won't try to cheer you up," she kids with a wink and a smile at the hap-hap-happy ball of spring around the corner.
The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.
-Carl Sagan
Ishtar

Postby Sera Fina » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:17 am

"Can you also tell me about this God? I've heard of him but I don't understand why people put their faith in him, especially if he doesn't exist." Tries to get around the question.
Sera Fina

Postby Ishtar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:58 am

"Shit, that bad huh? Rather talk religion?"

She inspects her empty glass looking forlorn.

"Now may be your best chance to get it off your chest. I can't keep Mr. Black away forever, nor do I want to, but for now its just us seraphim, and I detect something amiss."
-Carl Sagan
Ishtar

Postby Sera Fina » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:26 pm

"But I'm not an angel." Points out obviously. "I'm a being of fire...but you are right. The short story is that something was taken when had he waited, I would have given it to him. It feels awful, like an old pain that came back clawing inside me. Like I experienced it before. Betrayal I think."
Sera Fina

Postby Ishtar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:08 pm

"'Seraph' means 'to burn' in Hebrew." Her dainty lips press white.

"All light comes from fire of some kind, whether its immediately visible or..." She controls her breathing. Whispering:

"You are describing the symptoms of a victim of a sex crime."
-Carl Sagan
Ishtar

Postby Sera Fina » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Stares at her. "I am not a victim." Said very vehemently.

"And it's Sera."
Sera Fina

Previous

Return to St. Elmo's Bar