Brand New Day, Brand New Town

A place to eat & sleep for the weary and the new traveler.

Brand New Day, Brand New Town

Postby Adam Icarus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Skipping down the stairs merrily to greet the dawn, the newcomer Adam greets his fellow guests at the Copper Queen Inn as the sun's rays start to peek through the curtain.

Snagging a donut and a coffee, he settles onto the lobby couch part-way before moving suddenly forward and snagging a quickly-seen copy of the local paper someone left behind. Settling back, he sips his coffee and peruses the edition, a small smile quirking his lips as the habital quirks of his head shift from page to page.

"Alright, Bisbee, I'm here now, what do you have for me.... Help Wanted, Obituaries, Local News...where to start.." Suddenly he looks up, the blackened head feathers gleaming in a ray of dawn's light evading the curtain, "Ahah! That's what I need!"

The word is the deed as he moves quickly to the lobby and asks, donut still in hand, "Excuse me, and good morning! A phone book, please? And a map? Where might I find the local hospice?"
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Re: Brand New Day, Brand New Town

Postby Mortal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

The receptionist blinks, surprised by his early-morning enthusiasm. She smiles, though, and searches behind the counter for his request.

"Here, I think we have one of those...yes! Here you go, phone book and map of Bisbee! You can check in there for local hospices."
Mortal

Postby Adam Icarus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:35 pm

"Great! Thank you!" exclaims the happy guest, looking over the open page map quickly, before snagging it and the phone book. "Everything in one place. I'll return them after I'm done? "

With suitable agreement, Adam moves to freshen his coffee, settle down on the couch and change...becoming solemnly intent on evaluating the phone book yellow page areas, skipping to various sections and reading almost line by line...comparing the addresses to the map and seeing where he is in relation to various landmarks of his choosing.
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Sticky Fish » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 am

((For Bisbee's size there are relatively few "end of life" services in town. There's an establishment called "A Place for Mom" (phone number only), "Arizona Skyline Assisted Living" (which on further investigation is about an hours drive away), and a section of the "Copper Queen Community Hospital." (smack in the middle of New Bisbee area). Although Bisbee has a large older community they seem to leave or be supported by family when terminal illnesses become a part of everyday living.))
Sticky Fish

Return to Copper Queen Inn