Do You Want to Die? (Naya'il)

Do You Want to Die? (Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:25 am

Estrelle runs into Naya'il in her human form: small, bright eyed, and freckled. She is heralded by the light but rapid pat of her bare feet on the stone floor. When the child's form turns the cornor Naya'il can see see the collar of the vest he changed for her poking up from under a vibrant flower print dress with a high round neckline. In that moment she seems much like a human child, energetic bounding steps, bouncing curls, and a bright innocent smile. Estrelle is clutching most of a stick of celery with teeth marks along what's left of the top.

She takes a giant bite of celery as she near plows into Naya'il. Suddenly wide eyed the girl veers to the side and attempts to slow but still lightly bumps the wall.
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Re: Do You Want to Die? (Naya'il)

Postby Aodh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:52 am

Naya'il blinks, having been utterly absorbed in staring at a piece of wood in his hands, oblivious to the fact that he parked his wheelchair blocking the hallway.

"You all right there?"
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Estrelle makes a chocking sound and whacks herself in the upper chest with a small fist. Her expression contorts in response to the sensation but she clearly isn't afraid. After a couple thumps and she seems to swallow the celery chunk and is left looking intrigued. She runs a few finger gently up her throat.

"I am uninjured." The girl reports as the fingers move up her face and find a sensitive spot on her forehead where she ran into the wall. " . . . to any extent worthy of concern," Estrelle corrects pleasantly.
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Aodh smiles a little at the performance, nodding and patting her head bump gently. " 's good. Not sure what I'd do if you were injured."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm

"I think I could take care of myself so long as I was conscious." Estrelle replies softly but confidently. She tilts her head up to look at Naya'il's hand as he pats her with a gently curious expression.

". . . thank you."
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:05 pm

"You're most welcome. You've proven yourself to be still very skilled at your duties." He looks down at his block of wood, frowning intently at it, before sighing and stowing it away in a pocket.

"Dedicated, as well, which is the rarer piece."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:21 pm

She preens slightly at the compliment: a shift of weight, tiny change of neck angle, and a faint smile at one corner of her lips. Estrelle's gaze follows the piece of wood into his pocket then flicks back up at him.

"You seem skilled and dedicated." She observes with matter-of-fact innocence.
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Aodh's eyes grow dark and shift off her gaze quickly, but snap back just as fast, hard and piercing. "It isn't easy anymore. It doesn't make sense. I have to do everything through brute force, it's just..."

He trails off, frustrated, digging the piece of wood out of his pocket again and glaring at it.
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:26 am

Estrelle listens attentively. When he stops speaking she just waits-with no sign of impatience-for him to continue.
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:47 am

His fingers stutter as they try to trace the rings along the wood, musing idly. "Where does it pass from flora to matter? At what point does it declare itself part of the world again, renouncing its claim to wilds? Does it give way bit by bit, about the edges, slowly shifting allegiance, or does it stay true until all piece of it are ready to move on, moving as a being into the world with no being? Is there a bitter war within it, between the parts that wish to stay as they are, and those that wish to take up new duties? When it dies its duties are not over, its place in the ecosystem still entrenched as nourishment for others. ...it's not death. I've seen death. Death is...different. And the material...reintroduced back into the ecosystem. Does it remember what it once was, rekindling its old life? Or does it simply start a new one despite being in its old body, its only duty to be consumed? I don't remember. Where does it pass..."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Next

Return to Overlord Manor