Do You Want to Die? (Naya'il)

Re: Do You Want to Die? (Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 pm

(OOC Question: Does Naya'il wear any obviously visible armor? Anything that might be armor? I think he has natural armor in his apocalyptic form, is there anything else? And what does that look like?)
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm

((He also has been wearing bulletproof armor in every combat. It's under a hoodie or jacket usually, but pretty obvious if you're not super far away.))
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 am

Estrelle frowns thoughtfully. It's not a very child-like expression.

"Is that going to be a common problem, then? I just don't have enough experience in this version of the world."

She shakes her head slightly.

"I agree it's not your fault the assassins have this magic. It's also not your fault they are trying to destroy our bodies. This isn't about assigning fault. Rather I am trying to understand why when someone brings a war hammer down upon your head you don't even shift a bit to the left. Even if you never needed to do so before, we aren't what we once were. Your not just the earth now, you are the earth in the body of a child."
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm

"I understand. I just don't understand the...flightiness well. It's not something I did before, and my body isn't very suited to it now. Every time it comes up it just...seems like too much of an effort to when it won't affect the outcome. I'll still get hit, and all it would do is show my fear of the strike."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 pm

"I understand how it could seem pointless when uncertain of your abilities, especially facing professional opponents. However, you can't be certain that you would be hit either way. And being hit is not all or nothing. If you can mitigate a blow by making it less precise that is already advantages."

Then Estrelle tilts her head and regards him with friendly expression. "We could practice together, if you like. And your body can get there. In the long run I'd expect you have more physical potential then I do. Also, you seem stronger in your true form?"
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:02 pm

"Not stronger. Just less bothered by the atrophy. The body doesn't move fast. I can see what will happen, and know it won't matter."

He pauses, frowning. "Besides, most of us don't go into combat well-protected."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:42 am

"If we have to be in these situations repeatedly, then being unprepared as a group seems unwise." Estrelle has her own small frown.
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Aodh seems to have no desire to back away from the frown-off. "So why have you been going into these situations unarmored?"
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Postby Estrelle » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:50 pm

"I have only been in three such situations. The first two were unplanned and I also did not own armor. After you edited the vest for me I worse it."

She bobs her head, no longer frowning. "Thank you, again."
Estrelle
Demon (aka Sara)

Postby Aodh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 pm

He shrugs. "Make good use of it. Nearly everyone seems to run around heedless of risk, unarmed and unarmored."
Aodh
Host (aka Naya'il)

Previous

Return to Overlord Manor