Desire for Spring [Adam Icaraus/Alanna]

The feathered psychiatrist lives here, and besides hosting his infamous Zodiac dinners, seems to be a popular place to knock on the door at all hours of the night and day.

Desire for Spring [Adam Icaraus/Alanna]

Postby Adam Icarus » Sun May 05, 2013 11:07 pm

((This is for interaction with Alanna and Adam Icarus for Spring Court discussion. Anyone that Alanna wants to bring with her can of course post.))

Adam keeps an eye on the clock, wondering if the lovely woman who wanted to join Spring court will show. In the meantime, he devotes his time to trying to mix a new salad dressing from recipe for a dinner party in a couple weeks.
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Re: Desire for Spring [Adam Icaraus/Alanna]

Postby Alanna » Sun May 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Alanna knocks on Adam's door *knock knock*
Alanna

Postby Adam Icarus » Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am

Adam is quick to answer, delighted at seeing his guest at last. "Alanna! You made it! Come in, come in!" as he opens the door wider, invitingly for her to enter. "Any trouble finding the place?" he asks.
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Alanna » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 am

Alanna walks into the house taking in her surroundings and smiles politely at Adam "No I had no trouble at all! Your directions were very helpful. Thank you for inviting me!"
Alanna

Postby Adam Icarus » Mon May 13, 2013 11:45 am

Adam closes the door and beckons Alanna into the interior of his living quarters, decorated in modern Ikea with a dark brown sofa futon and several chairs around a coffee table in the largish living room, with a small dining table with its four folding chairs around it easily seen in the open kitchen beyond an arched wall beyond. A single hallway leads to other rooms, with a fire extinguisher nestled between the edge of the futon and the hallway entrance on the floor. The carpet is cheap but servicable and the walls look clean, though there is a small hole in the wall where the doorknob has bumped into it too vigorously. Across from the sofa lean three more folding tables and sufficient chairs resting against the wall.

Adam's fedora rests on its side on the table at first before he picks it up and sails it down the hallway,
"Thank you for accepting! Pardon the bare nest furniture, but it's a start." he answers, "Let me just put away some kitchen stuff and we can talk. Please, sit." as his hand indicates the couch with a friendly wave. He stops at the arch to the kitchen, turning partway, but not fully as if looking at you in profile reminiscent of the birds he seems family to, "A drink? Snacks? Or should I start dinner?"
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Alanna » Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

Alanna looks around the sparsely decorated apartment with little interest and sits on the couch. "No thank you, I'm fine." she says flashing him a lovely smile "Why don't you just sit down and tell me about Spring Court?"
Alanna

Postby Adam Icarus » Thu May 30, 2013 12:40 am

((Sorry for not posting sooner.:())
"Sure, just a second" Adam responds as he moves to clear a bowl, bottles and vegetables from the kitchen table to the fridge at speed. Quickly, he is back in his living room and seated at the other end of the couch, grinning as he leans back, putting his hands together, "Right, Spring. The basics."

His tone grows more like a teacher, pendantic, "Spring is, as I'm sure everyone you've talked to has mentioned, is desire. That's true, as far as it goes, but most gloss over what that really means. After all, Spring is also rebirth to many. Or hope. The planting season? That too. But really, taking it all together, Spring is life...the scream of life demanding it be heard. That is what lies at the core of the Spring concept and the Spring Court. We scream that we are alive."

"So... like life and Spring, we want to be alive; we desire what we need, and want, and must have. And life never stops wanting more of itself, and that ultimate desire is seen as it manifests in us, as the desires we have, whether it be for food, survival, lust, greed, etc. It isn't good or evil, it just is. Life screams after its near death in the winter, red of tooth and claw, and woe betide what would deny it."

He chuckles, "Sorry, the person who explained it to me was poetic too."

"So, anyway, that's what we in Spring Court pledge ourselves to, that regardless of what happens, that we partake of life, and rejoice in that scream that defies death. Time changes us all, but we want, we need to keep living. That the promise of Spring is true, life demands it always awaken again. And what it and we need to live is what we see as our ever changing desires."

He opens his hands, questioningly, "Make sense so far? I know it can seem strange to pledge to such a concept, but by joining to the spirit of life, of Spring's renewal, you will be able to see just why it is the most powerful of the 'emotional' Courts, to see how want and need in others is truly the magic it is, a reflection of nature's greatest creation, the life we have. "
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Return to Icarus House