Registration and Sleeping Arrangements

Any Rules questions you want to ask.

Registration and Sleeping Arrangements

Postby Fluffymunchy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:04 am

This is Jacob. I was told to register an account and post on the forums about where my character is sleeping. Where would it be best to post this information?
Fluffymunchy

Re: Registration and Sleeping Arrangements

Postby Fetch » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:09 am

Hi, welcome to the boards.

So, first up, reading the stuff here would be helpful. Don't worry, it's not long.

If you look thru the Roleplaying Forums below You'll see allot of locations from Cirque des Perdue. You can post in there where your character is going to sleep, whether it's with another player character (PC) or if he's trying to head home to get a good nights sleep.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Matthew » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

If you're one of the 'new folks' from last night, don't worry, your character's been put up in a cheap hotel room for a while, along with probably a couple changes of clothing fromt he local thrift stores, and a bit of cash for meals.
Matthew
Changeling

Postby Noah Conner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:02 pm

My character has been openly accepting roommates for a while now. If your looking to move on from the hotel room, that could be a way to go. Thing is, do you know that in character. I could see a rumor going that Noah seems lonely and likes to take in new changelings, but other than that, I don't know how you could claim that as in character knowledge.

You could always do a little digging in character. Ask around about your options?
Noah Conner

Postby The Dragon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Currently, so far from what staff has been informed they are staying in the Clinic. Threads can be created in the appropriate area to further RP this out.
The Dragon

Postby Renee » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 pm

That was the last arrangement made for them was to spend their first night at the clinic, following a medical exam by Doctor Winters and then be headed for hotels or room mate situations as fits.
Renee
Changeling

Postby Fayn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 pm

I don't quite understand the time fluxes and where and what exactly to post. So... are there times where when you post it is sometime in the past or present?
Can one simply post... anything? Or are they usually set up beforehand?
Fayn
Changeling

Postby The Doctor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:33 pm

You can post pretty much what you want. Due to the exceedingly slow nature of board conversations relative to in-person ones, generally they're assumed to being when the thread was started (or indicated in the first post), though they may drag on for a week or two of posting.

Some threads are set up beforehand, for logistics, but a great number of threads are impromptu.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fayn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Ah, so a person is not exactly tied to one thread if a day passes in which they can spend it in other places?
Fayn
Changeling

Postby Trisscar Mordain » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Every time you post a thread, you and whoever else is posting are narrating a part of a story, so as long as you don't reference things that your character wouldn''t know because it hasn't happened yet or they weren't there because they were somewhere else bc=ecause of the timing of some other thread-----You know what, just treat it like a book that is constantly being written, with your character(s) living in the world that it creates and subject to the metaphyical laws of said world, and you'll be fine.
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." Dresden Files

"I didn't come here to paint each other's toenails like it's a slumber party. I came here to kick your ass."
Trisscar Mordain

Next

Return to Rules Questions