Buying? Costs? (XP related)

Any Rules questions you want to ask.

Buying? Costs? (XP related)

Postby Fayn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 am

So I've been reading up once more on rules and etc. But I'm particularly confused on the concept of "buying" dots. How does one know how much a "dot" is and for what?
Are there set "prices" for things like individual merits, stats, abilities, contracts, and such? How does one know how much a particular thing costs? Is this all discussed in PMs where a player asks, "I want to buy ___, how much XP is that?" or is there some list out there already that details it?
Fayn
Changeling

Re: Buying? Costs? (XP related)

Postby Fetch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:21 pm

The experience point cost of traits can be found in a chart on page 77 of Changeling: the Lost.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Merch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 pm

((I Bring this to every game I can, you can look at it next game. I put a tab on the page so it is a lot faster to find. I had to look through most of the book the first time I tried to find this, but yes it is on page 77.))
Merch

Postby Matthew » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:38 am

Basically, the value of a 'dot' varies wildly. Some of them it's a linear progression, but most it's additive - the cost is multiplied by the number of dots one seeks to own. Thus if something costs 'three times new dots', then the first level of it is three XP, the second is six, on up to fifteen for the fifth.

Skills and Merits are pretty cheap, Contracts are middlin', and basic Stats and Wyrd are expensive.
Matthew
Changeling

Return to Rules Questions