4 Minor Changes

Any Rules questions you want to ask.

Re: 4 Minor Changes

Postby Fetch » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:00 am

A small car is around Size 10 to 12. That's not a good draw, that's average to no draw. A good draw could have them lifting a minivan over their head. Having thought about it I'd still go with dropping Sizing on things because the game uses, by Raw, at least 5 different Size charts (the number I can think of off the top of my head). I see no reason not to merge items and animals to the same scale. Large items like cars already tend to be, it's just small items like staves that are considered ridiculously larger than their animal counterparts. I mean how much bigger is a 6 foot poll than a large dog, really?

I'm leaning towards wielding/using something of Size equal to Strength, carrying one higher, and dragging one higher than that. Using 2 hands and/or generally being loaded down enough that you can't be using other stuff increases the Size of thing you can hold by one. Limit Strength by Stamina for long duration.

That way Strength 1 guy can carry a backpack around and even carry a hiking backpack around but can't do much else with the hiking backpack on, being so overloaded. Feat of Strength gets them dragging a human with only 1 success. Strength 5 guy with Strong Back is easily lifting motorcycles and the like and probably needs 3 - 5 successes to pull of the photo above, not unreasonable given that every strength demo like that I've seen involves allot of practice and careful work, not picking up any old thing around. A good pool (they've already got Strength 5) and practicing until it's rote can do that pretty well. A bit of equipment bonus and bam, doable but hard.

As an alternative or addition to lifting test you could just impose a -1 on all relevant activities for each Size above your using/lifting/dragging level. Focus less on hard limits to lifting capacity and more on a slowly degenerating curve on performance.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 pm

So I take it with a mod to the lifting thing people are cool with these?
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Do you have anything more final for explosion/falling auto-damage?
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:43 pm

More final than make the auto-damage into a pool that averages that number of successes? Not really.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:44 pm

No, I meant the mod to those ones to express the more inherent lethality of explosion mechanics (auto-damage then attack draw).
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh, right. I hadn't thought about it in a while. 9-again and 8-again would make sense. It's more likely to explode and be painful than regular auto damage. This even gives us degrees of explosion.

edit: We can even get a bit of the whole exponential nature of force when falling by making most falls 9-again and use 8-again for falls of more than 1 round (30+feet).
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Decent for falling, for explosions? For falling, 1 round is 15 strength, but that seems high for explosion to do 8a.
The Doctor
Changeling

Previous

Return to Rules Questions