Creative mundane weapons?

Any Rules questions you want to ask.

Re: Creative mundane weapons?

Postby Adam Icarus » Thu May 30, 2013 8:34 am

Gravedigger wrote:A sword made out of feathers, for example...

*edges slowly away....*
Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Palamedes » Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 am

Which would be nice, except as I already said, this is all hypothetical.
I am not a game breaker. I do not min max. I hate broken mechanics. Nothing I'm currently doing is breaking mechanics or ST would've called me out on it during game already.

(I think you also misunderstood a few things I said in my last post, but never mind that.)

Also, I think most characters weren't trained to fight unarmed mortals while in Arcadia and a lot of fighting styles, merits, and attribute levels can show that.

For the sake of going back to studying for finals, I'm going to drop this topic now since my questions have already been answered.
Palamedes

Postby Zzz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

From what you wrote the thread has already served it's purpose so this will be a bit of a post script, and if the import of it was the integration of new mundane weapon types into the game a useless one at that. But if for game flavor you'd like your character to possess these or other similarly imaginative items this can be accomplished. The changeling goblin merchant character Eddie already sells such hybrids as the sword/gun and can likely make facsimiles of the other ideas to order. They however won't have the same cachet of being mundane items though. The items he can create are borderline hedge items who make up for their physics problems with magic so unfortunately they wouldn't have the "I can use impractical/exotic items and still kick ass. The power is in me, not my gear" factor. But if you just want the items because you like the idea of them or you think it's something that would go with your character then it's possible to get working items without having to bend game rules or worry about physics.

Good luck with the finals
Zzz
Ring Member

Postby Adam Icarus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

Just saw this on TV and thought it would go with the gunblade discussion....now with brass knuckles!

Adam Icarus
Changeling

Postby Palamedes » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Lol, that's great!

Talk about having a Swiss Army knife weapon.

Then again, it's like, "I hope you have dots in weaponry, brawl, AND firearms"!
Palamedes

Postby Enigmia » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Ye gods, that thing looks insane. I really want to try it out now. :)
Enigmia

Postby The Doctor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 am

I was wondering if someone was going to surface with that image.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Zzz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:35 am

If I recall correctly these weapons were quite the rage in France during the 20's or so. Called "Apache knives" they held the same iconic status that we ascribe to the super cheese wheeled Thompson .22 in denoting gangster status. Other versions included a lanyard/garrote. Light, semi-concealable and adaptable they went out of vogue for their dodgy reliability (anything that's part Saturday night special, part bludgeoning weapon, part stabbing weapon is going to take some shocks to the probably not expertly manufactured system).
Zzz
Ring Member

Previous

Return to Rules Questions