Should we change to reverse Initiative?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 3

Revers Initiative

Postby Fetch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 am

At Eileán na Tuit Evan (I think it was you) was suggesting that everyone should be required to act on their Initiative or else give up their actin for the round. This would be a problem as it would make high Initiative a penalty as such characters would not be able to react to other actions. But, in the vein of speeding up combat I offer an option if people are interested.

In combat rounds characters perform actions starting with the lowest Initiative and working up. When your number comes up you must either act or hold action. If a character holds their action they cannot act this round but get to reroll their Initiative in the next round and use the better of their current or new Initiative for the rest of combat. Any character with higher Initiative who has not acted may interrupt an an action after it is declared.

In theory this might make combat faster as everyone would need to declare actions with not option to pass and slow things down later in the round.
Fetch
Ring Member

Re: Revers Initiative

Postby Byron Black » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

Sorry Lucas but it was not I. Interesting idea none the less.
The only issue i see with the bottom down system is that it has the high potential for bottle necking as everyone just jumps in and interrupts everyone else of lower initiative, at which point it is just like the top down initiative system except that the people with high initiative also know what the people of lower initiative are doing.
Image Striking looks 4, Spring Mantle 3, Resources 5, Fame 1
Byron Black

Postby Fetch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am

You mean everyone acts on the lowest initiative? As long as we're strict about only being able to respond to lower initiative actions I don't see it being much of a problem. For example if Iblis has Initiative 18 and interrupts some poor Initiative 8 mooks action Estrelle (Initiative 14) can't jump on and interrupt Iblis. I don't think it would save much time, but the idea was raised by (apparently) not you.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Leo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I like it, because it means that higher initiative people know what lower initiative people are doing ahead of time.
Leo

Postby The Doctor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:17 am

Wasn't there something like this for oWoD changeling?
The Doctor
Changeling

Return to Rules Questions