Mod: Sortables Captcha 1.0.1

Discussions of any technical geektastic discussion-type thingies related to the administration of these forums that the rest of us nontechnical non-geektastic discussion-type people would find utterly uninteresting.

Y'all have been computer-geek ghettoized.

Mod: Sortables Captcha 1.0.1

Postby Delphinan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:25 pm

The public Sortables Captcha MOD 1.0.1 by Derky is now installed and selected as the default CAPTCHA module for this forum. This replaces the image-based GD CAPTCHA with a configurable random question followed by two named columns with numerous configurable answer-options that must be dragged-and-dropped into the appropriate columns to solve the CAPTCHA. This requires a browser using javascript for registration only.

Currently, two questions sets have been added for initial use, but more may appear without announcement.

Again, this module only affects registration of new members to this board. The original lockout of two failed attempts remains to discourage spambots trying all combinations.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Re: Mod: Sortables Captcha 1.0.1

Postby Matthew » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 am

Gleesome! I'm always in favor of agrssive anti-spambot measures. One of my favorite forums was basically torn apart by a legion of spambots that doubled the total postcount within a 48-hour period. Not pleasant.
Matthew
Changeling

Postby Delphinan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Wow, the forum and wiki got a lot of registration and wiki-edit requests on May 24th thru 26th (I noticed a spike of about +100Megs/day of traffic).

So far, I see no new user accounts and unwanted edits. The captcha seems to be holding the line so far. :mrgreen:
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Delphinan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 am

Added another Sortables question: Sort the Categories of People by mundane and fantastical, asking the registerant to identify that an Australian is in the mundane world, while the Kindly Ones are in the fantastical, etc.

Also updated the question to identify the locations played in-character and out-of-character by the Changeling games, adding Arizona, Bisbee and The Pit to the available answers in recognition of Garden of Eden's location.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Return to Board Technical Administration