Role Playing Forum Access

Discussions of any technical geektastic discussion-type thingies related to the administration of these forums that the rest of us nontechnical non-geektastic discussion-type people would find utterly uninteresting.

Y'all have been computer-geek ghettoized.

For RolePlay forums I am not in:

Poll ended at Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:32 am

Go ahead and show it to me, just to read
100%
Hide it from me, I'll switch to my other character if I want to read it
No votes
I have another idea, keep reading
No votes

Total votes : 6

Role Playing Forum Access

Postby Delphinan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 am

The current setup of the boards shows the Role Playing Forums for our games to any registered member (and some guests and bots).

I am open to changing this setup and restricting even read-access to the forums to accounts associated to that game. What is your preference?
Delphinan
Site Admin

Re: Role Playing Forum Access

Postby Fox Folger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:24 am

I see no real reason not to let everybody read the various fora, barring secret things like the ST Forums, which are already restricted to those who should have access (unless I'm missing something pretty major). Maybe not post if they're not part of the right group, but the only reason to do that is if we had a trolling problem, and I don't think we do (again, unless I'm missing something).
Fox Folger

Postby Delphinan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

Not being able to post if you aren't the right group for the roleplay forums is already in place. Please tell me if you find it isn't. :oops:

One option I have is to only show you *your* games in the Role Playing Forum section, not all of the current ones that you may not be in. Some may find it easier to have Arkham on top with no sign of Cirque or Garden if they are logged in as their Arkham character, for example.

I can adjust this for guests and bots to the forum being able to see everything and all sorts of permutations of security.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Fetch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

I prefer being able to look over all the non-secret forums without logging in. Way back when I created the "No <game>" groups for this purpose. If someone does't want to see one or more games they get added to the appropriate No group and hence forth no longer see that game. There hasn't been allot of demand for the feature.
Fetch
Ring Member

Return to Board Technical Administration