Wiki: Extension ParserFunctions

Discussions of any technical geektastic discussion-type thingies related to the administration of these forums that the rest of us nontechnical non-geektastic discussion-type people would find utterly uninteresting.

Y'all have been computer-geek ghettoized.

Wiki: Extension ParserFunctions

Postby Delphinan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

Extension ParserFunctions for MediaWiki 1.15.1 has been installed to the LARP wiki. This extension allows logic and conditionals to be used, parsing the wiki source text.

Extension VariablesExtension for MediaWiki has been installed to the LARP wiki. This extension allows variables to be used, parsing the wiki source text and works with the ParserFunctions extension above

Extension Loops for MediaWiki has been installed to the LARP wiki. This extension allows control loops to be used, parsing the wiki source text and works with the ParserFunctions extension above
Delphinan
Site Admin

Re: Wiki: Extension ParserFunctions

Postby Fox Folger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Begins bleeding from the ears.

... Bluh?
Fox Folger

Postby Delphinan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Forum is Board Technical Administration. :) Changes to the software, including extensions and other stuff, are documented here, by techies for techies.

However, to clarify why these extensions were added: the character templates gotten for the wiki require these extensions to be present.
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Fox Folger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:46 pm

K!
Fox Folger

Postby Fetch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Also we could use them for other stuff, test pool calculators and the like. Jeff, could I get a look at the character sheet template? I might be able to make my character sheet output to the wiki format, assuming people are cool with their character stats being online.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Delphinan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Yes, the parser functions introduce new possibilities. There was also another module that I am trying to get around rather than adding, though. Apparently there are security issues including the possibility for losing data and running javascript on anyone's machine who reads a page....which kinda offsets to me the benefit of automated reporting, such as a dynamic list of all characters or all templates or all contracts. So I haven't added that extension, while I have added these.

To get to the template for Changeling, go to "Template:Character sheet changeling" in the wiki.

Alternatively, search for 'character sheet', but use the advanced search and check the box for namespace 'Template' to see the two I've added so far. Vampire, Werewolf & Mage are pending if desired.

As for Stats online, since it is a wiki and editable, it can be 'unofficial' but useful information. Also could be used in a pinch during forum play and if the staff forgets someone's character sheet one game. :)
Delphinan
Site Admin

Return to Board Technical Administration