Wanting to play, but issues

Rules & Setting Questions, Questions about Game Location, Time & other Admin, etc.

Wanting to play, but issues

Postby Canes Able » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 am

I've been looking for a nWoD changeling game near Sacramento for awhile, and I stumbled upon you guys. First off, was wondering, what time the game is at? What days is it held on? Where the game is held? What I should bring first night? Any restrictions on Merits and items from supplements I can come in with? Was also wondering if anyone is near Sacramento or willing to drive out to south sac, 65th area, lemonhill area, to pick me up or, possibly drop me off after game? Also are you using the met books or the standard changeling tabletop books?

If you guys aren't running anymore let me know as well.

Tyler Mark Talbot
Canes Able

Re: Wanting to play, but issues

Postby Delphinan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 am

Yep, there are at least two currently active games on this board.

Those two games are both Changeling: the Lost LARPs, both meet at UC Davis, in Davis, usually in or at Wellman Hall starting at 7pm.

Cirque des Perdue: held every other week on Friday with the most recent game on July 1st, 2011.
Garden of Eden: held every other week on Saturday with the most recent game on July 2nd, 2011.

I'll let the staff of each game remark on house rules, allowed merits, etc. You can also find information in the Announcements and various topics here for new players.

You can also check out the DavisLarp boards, but not sure those are currently active after some spambot activity there. :(
Delphinan
Site Admin

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am

You don't need anything in particular, just show up. Both games ostensibly use the larp mechanics with the changeling setting.

We've made a fair number of house rules over time and errataed a number of Contracts and merits. House rules go here as they get added*. The big ones would be changes to the card draw target numbers, combat round mechanics, characters can and do suffer injuries that take longer than a week to heal, and there are actual mechanics for social interaction with other characters.

If you have a specific character idea we're more than willing to help elaborate any rules changes that will effect them. Characters that want to be good at resisting physical injury would do well to invest in Stamina instead of Dexterity, for example.

* There are some currently getting the kinks worked out that will go up soon.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Capt. Hobbes » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:05 am

There is the odd house rule that doesn't make the Wiki, so it's always good to get confirmation on things during character creation.
With a heave-hi, lurkin' off the shore!
As wily as a devil with a couple vices more!
And with a ho-hi, from the pilots to the swabs
He's the finest of the pirates and they call him Captain Hobbes!

~From the Ballad of Captain Hobbes
Capt. Hobbes
Admiral

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 am

I have been working hard to correct that :roll:
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Canes Able » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Fetch wrote:You don't need anything in particular, just show up. Both games ostensibly use the larp mechanics with the changeling setting.

We've made a fair number of house rules over time and errataed a number of Contracts and merits. House rules go here as they get added*. The big ones would be changes to the card draw target numbers, combat round mechanics, characters can and do suffer injuries that take longer than a week to heal, and there are actual mechanics for social interaction with other characters.

If you have a specific character idea we're more than willing to help elaborate any rules changes that will effect them. Characters that want to be good at resisting physical injury would do well to invest in Stamina instead of Dexterity, for example.

* There are some currently getting the kinks worked out that will go up soon.

Was currently thinking of a fresh from the thorns, Wizened, no court, and no kith, quite yet. If you don't want to allow characters that new or characters that are kithless and courtless, it's perfectly fine but please let me know, I shall come with a soldier wizened in the winter court. Either would eventually evolve into an assassin type build, focusing on stealth, sabotage and general preparedness.

Starting Contracts would be Riddlekith, The Wrong Foot, the first 2 artifice clauses, and Shooters Bargain.

Merits would likely be, Ambidextrous, Fighting Style Two Weapons 2, and Quickdraw and fleet of foot 1, or Toxin Resistance.

Few more questions. Are custom tokens allowed?

Is there any starting XP boost?

Or does everyone start off at bare minimum XP?

Thank you for your time.
Canes Able

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Custom tokens are allowed in both games, courtless is perfectly fine as well.

As far as character creation, Cirque du Perdue employs the normal dot build (and has accelerated XP gain for low-xp characters, as it's been running for quite a number of years). Garden of Eden does an XP-based character creation, and is still new so there isn't a power gap yet.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Canes Able » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

The Doctor wrote:Custom tokens are allowed in both games, courtless is perfectly fine as well.

As far as character creation, Cirque du Perdue employs the normal dot build (and has accelerated XP gain for low-xp characters, as it's been running for quite a number of years). Garden of Eden does an XP-based character creation, and is still new so there isn't a power gap yet.

Would be going to Cirque du Perdue, my saturdays are taken up by CfC games.
Canes Able

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Then fresh from the thorns don't get an xp boost (as they haven't been out and experienced in the world), but with accelerated XP, you catch up quick.
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Fetch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Bare minimum exp. We use Fighting Styles from the larp book, if that changes anything. Everything else looks standard. Kithless and Courtless are fine.
Fetch
Ring Member

Next

Return to Questions About Game