The pledge token thing

Place to work out character backstories, dreams, goals, motivations, and other concepts.
Forum rules
Two rules:
1. Don't post anything you don't want everyone to read.
2. Don't metagame. If your character wouldn't legitimately know to ask, then don't. That's cheating, and makes staff cry.

Re: The pledge token thing

Postby Enigmia » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Alright, so apparently Allies counts for Corporeal mortal link. So they both have that with each other, or will once I get to messing with the character sheets again. I'm guessing that only gives one slot though, so how many do I need to think of stuff for?
Enigmia

Postby Fetch » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, Allies would provide one slot. Clair is Wyrd 2? That gives her 5 Vow slots. And she has her 2 Oath slots. Soul-spun gives 2 points of cost reduction. So that would give her enough to just barley pull off:

Entrust (•••) - Kith/Seeming
Entrust (+•••) - Contracts
Entrust (+••) - Physical Skills + Specialty
Entrust (+••) - Merits (the fighting style we discussed)
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby The Doctor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Allies would count for a mortal emblem if it was with mortals.

"It must be something he attends or frequents entirely out of mortal interest - the nightclub owned by a local member of the freehold does not qualify."
The Doctor
Changeling

Postby Enigmia » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:52 pm

*head slowly lowers to hit desk*
Dangit, that's a good point. Sigh. It would seem to be that losing contact with someone for years would break a link for mortals. Same with not patronizing a library or bank for the same amount of time, even if you never exactly 'left'. I would also assume that swearing on these and then losing said contact would break the pledge, right?
Enigmia

Postby Fetch » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:06 am

RESOLUTION

Having just spoken on this is seems we can arrive at the following:

Entrust (•••) - Kith/Seeming
Entrust (+•••) - Contracts
Entrust (+••) - Physical Skills + Specialty
Soul-Spun (-•) x 2

This requires both Claire's Oaths (True Name and Higher Power) as well as 4 of her Vow slots.
Fetch
Ring Member

Postby Enigmia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 am

So glad we found that mistake I made. Weird that dual kith isn't something needed to be transferred with merits.
So yeah, once the craziness of school dies down, I'll get on finishing the character sheets.
Enigmia

Postby Fetch » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Entrust transfers (up to) a conceptual category of stuff, such as "my knowledge of the otherworldly." It should never transfer more than a full category of Skills/Attributes but it isn't limited by blocks on the character sheet either.

For example a character could transfer "all my physical skills" to trade off any of the physical Skills or they could give "all my combat prowess" to transfer Athletics, Brawl, Firearms, Weaponry, and their fighting style Merits. Note the second covers both some physical Skills and some Merits but it's particularly more than the first, it's just a sample drawn in a different direction.

In this case giving away "my fae mein" covers all aspects of the mein (Seeming, Kith, other Kith) and doesn't care that some are "free" and others are "Merits."
Fetch
Ring Member

Previous

Return to Character Development